Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale.
Munich. “Epic battle”, “edge-of-the-seat duel” or “the most awesome race of my life”: two weeks after the spectacular #DTM season-opener in Hockenheim (GER), everyone is still talking about the wheel-to-wheel duel between BMW works driver #timoglock (GER) and Mercedes driver #garypaffett (GBR). In Sunday’s race, the two drivers put on a nerve-racking show for several laps and the lead changed hands several times before Glock emerged triumphant in the DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 #DTM and claimed victory in the race. We have turned the emotions of the duel into hard facts and put together a summary of the most interesting figures for you.
Facts & figures about the Glock vs. Paffett duel:
– Lap 19 marks the first moment that Glock and Paffett are in adjacent positions, in sixth and seventh.
– The Mercedes driver takes the lead for the first time on lap 23.
– The lead changes hands between Glock and Paffett six times during the duel.
– Paffett’s lead over Glock reaches 0.767 s econds.
– Overall, Glock leads the race for 23 laps and Paffett for five laps.
– All told, the two drivers are wheel-to-wheel for more than 119 seconds at the Hockenheimring, which corresponds to a distance of approximately six kilometres.
– The duel between Glock and Paffett takes place at top speed: the maximum speed during the battle is 271 km/h.
– Glock and Paffett’s struggle lasts 11 nerve-racking laps at the Hockenheimring; the battle covers a total distance of 50 kilometres.
– The decisive moment of the duel comes five minutes before the end of the race: Paffett has used up his DRS allowance, while Glock can still make use of the DRS six times.
– Glock crosses the line 3.099 seconds ahead of Paffett, who finishes third. Mike Rockefeller is in second, 2.078 seconds behind Glock.
– The duel itself, and Glock’s radio comments after crossing the finishing line, have already achieved legendary status: his message to the fans, Paffett, Mercedes and his team lasted 55 seconds.
© Copyright 2020