Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale.
Zarco, Espargaró and Syahrin primed to challenge as Öncü eyes #moto3 title.
MotoGP trio Johann Zarco, Pol Espargaró and Hafizh Syahrin are confident that they can improve on their 2018 season when the new season gets underway at the Qatar GP on March 10. Here is all you need to know:
- Frenchman Zarco finished sixth overall last season with three podiums to his name alongside 16th-placed Malaysian Syaharin at Monster Yamaha Tech 3.
- Zarco, 28, now partners Spaniard Espargaró at Red Bull KTM Factory #racing, while 24-year-old Syaharin joins Miguel Oliveira at Red Bull KTM Tech 3.
- Zarco said: "I have to be ready to take opportunities. I would like to be in the top 10 overall and a lot of work has to be done. So many #people around me want to work as hard as possible to give me the best bike."
- Espargaró, 27, revealed: "The Valencia podium was amazing. One of the top moments of my career. To finish in that situation last season was unbelievable after a tough year. I hurt myself so much last year and I was really badly damaged, but luckily I healed completely and it was not a big #test crash at Sepang."
- Syaharin explained: "I was a bit disappointed to miss out on Rookie of the Year. I have tried to train harder for the different bike. More strength physically, so I can ride easier. I hope that Malaysia is proud of me."
- Meanwhile, Turkey's 15-year-old sensation Can Öncü heads into the new Moto3 season on the back of a thrilling victory in his only race last season at the Valencia finale. The 2018 Red Bull #MotoGP Rookies Cup champion believes he can make a big impression for Red Bull KTM Ajo straight out of the gate.
- He enthused: "I think that anything is possible. I will work hard. Deniz's (twin brother) level is always the same. If I can go to MotoGP, he can too."
© Copyright 2019